Friday, May 1, 2009

2007 5- Mile pass pre ride: an epic adventure

Two years ago I went to pre ride the 5 Mile pass loop. I had never done it before and didn't realize that a pre ride wasn't necessary since its all double track road. Anyway I went out to check it out and of course it started pouring right when I got there. I suited up anyway not knowing I was about to embark on an epic adventure. A 3 hour 11 mile adventure that involved the stickiest clay mud ever and about 6 miles of hiking. So be forewarned: if its raining, watch out. That kind of dirt does dry quick and I bet a couple hours is all it needs. But if its raining in the morning I'm staying home! And no I'm not a fair weather racer, growing up in VT I raced in the rain a ton. Its just that clay... Kind of a bummer because I'd like to race. Hope the rain holds out...

No comments:

Post a Comment